Services and Amenities
Restorative & Physiotherapy:
The Restorative Care staff of the Home provide appropriate opportunities for independence based on the abilities, strengths, needs, interests and former lifestyles of our residents. Restorative Care is a program that facilitates positive change in the quality of life of our residents.
- Personalized exercise and walking programs
- Active and passive range of motion
- Group Fun n’ Fitness classes
- Restorative dining
- Transfer training
- Promoting independence through activities of daily living
Our goal is to maintain the dignity, independence and personal lifestyle of each of our residents within a safe environment.
The Mission of the Program Department is to enhance the quality of life of our residents through resident-centered programming.
At Belmont Long Term Care Facility, our Meaningful Living Philosophy has evolved from a strong desire to provide each resident with a life affirming, homelike and caring environment. We constantly strive to create opportunities for residents to direct their own choices.
We recognize each resident’s desire to “do” as well as to “be” by helping them to build nurturing relationships and active roles within the home. In this way, we increase each resident’s unique capacity for growth. Our residents flourish and thrive when they can both “care” and “be cared for” in an atmosphere of companionship and spontaneity, with a variety of things to do.
We seek to promote the Resident Bill of Rights, in particular, dignity, privacy and a homelike environment. We encourage residents to exercise choice in decision-making.
We strive to adapt programming to meet the individual lifestyle needs of our residents who come from various economic, religious, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Bus trips (Fall Colour Tour, Christmas Lights)
- Shopping (Quinte Mall, Walmart, Farmer’s Market)
- Cultural (Museums, Fall Fair, Concerts in the park)
- Musical entertainment
- Special events (birthday parties, seasonal themed parties)
- Pub nights
- Baking, cooking, canning
- Arts and crafts
- Church services
- Music therapy
- Pet therapy
- Cards, board games, shuffle board, bowling
- Spa programming
Large group, small group and one-on-one programming provided.
We have residential cats and birds which the residents enjoy caring for and socializing with.
The Nursing Department believes in providing high quality care in order to meet the residents’ physical, social, emotional, intellectual, cultural and spiritual needs.
We are committed to assisting each resident in realizing their maximum potential. Programs are developed to meet these needs using both in-house staff and community resources, i.e. families/friends, Pharmacist, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, etc. We believe that the resident is the most important person in Belmont; that each is an individual with basic needs; they are a members of our family and of a community and are the focus around and for which we function.
The Nutrition and Food services Department strives continually to provide the best possible nutritional outcomes by ensuring that our Residents nutritional needs are adequately accommodated on a 24 hour basis.
The Home utilizes Dietician developed and approved seasonal menus, as well as, ongoing assessment and monitoring of Nutritional Care Plans that are developed and individualized for each resident.
We promote a multidisciplinary team approach to achieve pleasurable dining in a relaxed home-like environment.
- Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care funded food for meals and snacks
- 3 meals and l snacks daily
- 2 choices of entrée and desserts at lunch and supper
- Resident input towards menu choices through monthly Residents’ Council meetings, surveys, and audits.
Standard Services and Amenities:
- Friendly caring staff
- 24/7 Nursing Care
- Individualized Approach to Care
- Full Range of Recreational Programs
- Restorative Care
- Three appetizing and nutritious meals and snacks a day
- Bright and Home-Like Environment
- On-site medical care provided by a physician who makes regular visits to the home
- Supplies, equipment, and devices necessary for the provision of medical, nursing and personal care
- Bedroom furnishings, including an adjustable bed with linens, bedside cabinet, and closet
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Family Support Groups
- In-services for Residents, Families, Staff and Volunteers
- Non-Denominational Church Services
- “Smoke-Free” Environment
- Resident Council and Family Council
- Gazebo, Covered Patio, and Paved Pathways
- Wide Hallways and Large Windows
- Four Home Units each containing a lounge, dining room, spa area, and two sunrooms
- Additional Services Available (Charges will apply):
- Medication, Treatments and Pharmacy Services
- Wheelchair and personal assistive devices Maintenance and repair
- Massage Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Hair Salon and Barber Services
- Tuck Shop
- Telephone, Cable, and Internet connections
- Clothing Maintenance
- Mobile Clothing Sales
- Newspaper Delivery